1. Meditate: Oprah, Rupert Murdoch, Russell Simmons, Arianna Huffington, and Padmasree Warrior have all attributed mediation as a huge component to their success. To improve your chances of success, it is vital to take care of your body and mind by relaxing, exercising, healthy eating and getting adequate sleep.
2. Wake up early: Richard Branson, Jack Dorsey, Tim Cook and Xerox CEO Ursula Burns are known to be early risers. Waking up early allows you to start the days ahead of everyone else by responding to others, exercising and meditating. Early risers also tend to be happier and are typically more proactive.
3. Network: Research has found that networking makes people perform better at work and can even make them more innovative. Successful people also rarely complain or criticize, according to Dale Carnegie’s classic “How To Win Friends & influence People”.
4. Always Keep Busy. Achievers like LBJ and Robert Moses were known to work 60-65 hours per week. Elon Musk works an astounding 80-100 hours per week, proving that successful people are rarely idle.
5. Know When to Say "No": Successful people realize that by saying "no" to negativity and activities that waste time, they can focus on increasing their productivity. Warren Buffett affirms that, “The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything.”
6. Don’t watch TV, Read: According to Thomas Corley, author of "Rich Habits: The Daily Success Habits Of Wealthy Individuals,” 67% of rich people only watch TV for one hour or less per day. Only 6% of the wealthy watch reality shows, while 78% of the poor do. Additionally, 88% of wealthy individuals claim that they read for self-improvement for 30 minutes or more per day.
7. Write a To-Do List the Night Before: Successful people are known for writing their to-do-lists and numbering the importance of each task the night before, so that they are able to set priorities for the following day.
8. Set Goals and Visualize: Joel Brown interviewed a number of high achievers for Entrepreneur and found that “95% of the successful achievers I have interviewed practice writing down their goals, plans, or visions for success on a regular basis.”
9. Manage Your Money: Successful people invest their money wisely, look for new opportunities, give generous donations, and set aside emergency funds. In that way, managing your finances well can also place you further on the road to success.
To read more from Alison click here
To read more from Entrepreneur.com click here